At ELGi, we thrive to manufacture and design air compressors for robust, energy-efficient and safe mining operations. Increasing demand challenges within the mining industry have made ELGi evolve and manufacture high-quality compressed air technology for consistent performance across a wide range of applications. Our mining air compressors help to maximize operational efficiency and greater return on investment with the reduced cost of ownership
Deliver high-quality air
ELGi’s range of air compressors are well-tested on various parameters in order to ensure zero defects and designed in accordance with the international quality standards to provide high qualified air for seamless mining operations.
State of the Art Safety
ELGi’s range of air compressors comes with native designed Neuron control system offering operating data and safety measures. These compressors are adhering to modern mining processes with improved production and safety throughout all aspects of mining.
Best-in-class energy efficiency and reliability
ELGi’s range of air compressor is recommended for the mining industry for its best-in-class reliability on working in demanding work sites, along with auto high drill mode for operating at great depths and high productivity even in water yield conditions. We also have industrial-grade steel and powder coated canopy for maximum corrosion protection and durability. We help to maximize your operational efficiency and profitability with our trolley-mounted-compressors and skid-mounted-compressors, along with custom-built models based on user preference for all your mining applications.
Use of Compressors in Mining
The common mining applications for compressed air includes:
- Pneumatic Tools – Compressed air is an excellent source of energy for power tools such as drills, wrenches, hack saws and other vital mining equipment that needs to be used in the deep underground stretches of the mines.
- Blasting – Compressed air systems offer safer mediums for use in blasting operations. High velocity compressed air streams can be vital in some mining situations.
- Material handling – Materials like coal dust can be better handled when compressed air is mixed, allowing for fluidization. In addition, compressed air can be used in conveying material in mining as well.
- Cleaning – Compressed air can also be used for purging unwanted particles from filters and other spaces amid the dirt and dust of the mining operation. It is a clean source of air and can be used effectively without the need for additional cleaning materials. This can help extend the longevity of critical mining equipment and reduce any downtime needed for maintenance.
- Ventilation Systems – Compressed air has a long history of providing ventilation to increasingly deep mine tunnels. It is a safe and breathable source of air that can be used in precarious mining environments. In addition, displacement blowers can also utilize compressed air systems for ventilation. In coal mining for example, displacement blowers are used to provide the needed air ventilation to mining sites.
- Methane Gas Extraction – Methane gas build up in a mine can be lethal. The risk for a static electric spark igniting methane as well as actually breathing the gas are both dangers for miners. Compressed air systems properly fitted and designed for use in dangerous environments can help extract the gas through the use of blowers and vacuum pumps for coal mining operations.